August 10, 2007

What an Odd Day?

So I’ve had an odd day at work, what with the Bullying, Discrimination and Harassment workshop, how to prevent it rather than do it. Somehow the teacher thought it would be a good idea to reveal that a group of people had been caught having group sex at eight am in one of the offices. I was traumatised! Not by the thought of group sex in the office, but they were going at it at eight am…what kind of a sick pup does that?

Then I had lunch with my boss, a lovely man whom I some very odd conversations with. Don’t get me wrong, it’s just that I'm fairly sure he shouldn’t be discussing some of the sensitive information he does discuss with me. But, I know how to keep my mouth shut, so all’s good.

After lunch I got a phone call from the Ikea delivery guy saying he had tried to deliver my furniture, where was I? I explained I had booked it for Friday. Turns out that message didn’t get through, so should I ‘work from home’ tomorrow morning or not? Maybe I should call them first thing to find out?

Uni started at six, so off I trundled to class. I get asked about an email I sent out to a friend of mine from class. So I have to sit there and explain a couple of things about my current personal circumstances to the sounds of sympathetic ohhs and ahhs. Class then got a little weirder when the lecturer turned up with a bottle of Blue Sapphire gin saying, ‘it’s water really, I just didn’t want to throw the bottle away.’ I’m guessing that she was telling the truth because after two tumblers she still hadn’t fallen over.

During class I got a text message from a mate telling he had taken a new job and was celebrating. I sent back I was in class til nine and I would catch him after maybe. He then said he was going to go to a movie and it would be Die Hard 4.0, being a bit of a Die Hard fan I asked what time it would start and soon found out it started fifteen minutes before my class ended. But I made it, only thing was I had no idea were he was sitting in a packed theatre. So I guessed. I ended up sitting alone one row in front and about six seats to the left. So I went to a movie, with a mate but sat alone.

That just about sums up my day, want do you think?

PS. You have to see Die Hard 4.0 on the big screen as it’s full of the usual Die Hard blowing sh*t up and moohosive car chases. It ROCKS!

No comments: