August 9, 2007

Forty Minutes

This morning I had a little lie-in and finally dragged my butt out of bed at 8.50. Whilst in the shower I realised that I had to be at work for 9.30 and no later ‘cause I had to be in a Bullying, Discrimination and Harassment workshop which was due to start at 9.30.

Crap!

For once, the worlds smallest hot water tank was a blessing in disguise (four and half minutes of hot water) I whizzed through the shower before the hot ran out, slapped on my face paint, threw on my clothes, fed Puss, picked up my Uni books and left the house at 9.05.

I started speed walking down the street. Towards the end of the street I decided to get on the bus that had just overtaken me so a quick jog and $1.70 later I was sat next to the guy on the mobile talking about his finances and in front of a Paris looky likey talking about her tasteful soirée only for interesting people (see entry called Soirée for further detail).

Isn’t it funny how the world slows down when you’re in a hurry? I swear the bus stopped at every stop, every traffic light and every twit crossing the road when they shouldn’t be. Finally I go toff the bus and trotted along the road from the bus stop to the office. The lights on the pedestrian crossing took an age, then the damn revolving door seemed to go even slower than it normally does (which is pretty slow) then all four lifts where in level 8 and still going up.

I dumped my stuff off on my desk and went to the workshop. It was 9.32 when I walked through the door and I wasn’t the last to arrive. Phew!

So now I know I can make it to work in 40 minutes from bed to desk. A very sweaty and profanity filled forty minutes but it is doable.

1 comment:

Edna Wilt said...

I am so proud of you that you finally got the hang of this bus malarkey! $1.70! Now what did I tell you about getting a TravelTen?? ;-) xx