August 17, 2007

School Dinners

Why do people insist on bring leftover dinner into the office for lunch? I can understand if there is a kitchen with a bench for you to eat at, but I have a guy who sits over the barrier from me who’s wife must work for the airlines.

Everyday he comes in and heats up what smells like a long-haul flight meal. It always smells the same, unappetising and old. I’ve never actually seen him eat, but I can visualise the grey plastic tray with a miniature glass, wrapped cutlery and little rectangular bowl full of something that resembles food, be it chicken of fish.
And the smell always appears at 12.30 on the dot. This is OK if I don’t have a lunch date, but when I do, like today, I have to sit here until 12.55 when I will run from my desk to flee the smell.

Yes, it will still be here half an hour from now!

Maybe one day, I’ll get him back…but I have a hard time thinking what I eat that could possibly smell that bad the next day.

No comments: