August 13, 2007

Sosumi Sushi

I had to go to Martin Place at lunch today for a couple of reason so I decided I would sample the wears of Sosumi Sushi, downstairs in No1 Martin Place. It’s been there a while and for one reason and another, this sushi monster had never got to eat there.

So I sat down on the tall small topped metal stool which is not ideal for my wider than average backside to a train that seemed to chuffing around with plenty of black plates ($7.10) a few blue plates ($5.50) and no white plates ($5.10). I ordered Miso Soup and green tea then helped myself to wasabi and soy sauce. Then I waited for just the right thing to come around which took a hile due to the plates being spaced fifteen centimetres apart.

The first plate was a black with a Crab and Avocado Big Roll, very nice. The second a blue with Seaweed Salad (aka carrot and lettuce with a little seaweed on top) then the only white plate that had Deep Fried Bean Curd (didn’t have batter on it and looked like all Inari but smaller) finally the California Roll I ordered arrived on a black plate and seemed to be made with salmon rather than seafood stick. I have NEVER had a California Roll made with salmon before and worse, it was smoked salmon.


In total my four plates, green tea and miso soup cost me $31.70. At the Sushi Train in Oxford Square on Oxford Street I could have eaten 10 plates, plus the extras. And you know what, despite the fish being Brain Spike killed (apparently it reduces stress and makes the flesh more relaxed) I would rather cram myself the corner in Sushi Train with the plates piled high and take my chances on whether my favourite was going to come round. And you know what…the Miso’s better too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't say how many wasabi and soy soaked soft shell crab plates they scored (out of a possible 1 crab).

Fran Carleton said...

Sosumi = 3 wasabi and soy soaked soft shell crab plates out of 5

Sushi Train = 5 wasabi and soy soaked soft shell crab plates out of 5