August 3, 2007

Travel Options

For the last few days I have been walking to work, the weather has been fine and a new found freedom has brought about a desire to sashay. It’s a rather pleasant twenty five minutes walk if I dawdle and window shop, fifteen if I power walk and take in nothing of my surroundings. I’ve only power walked it once and that resulted in sweat which is neither pretty nor elegant, so I won’t be doing that on a regular basis.

This morning it was raining so I caught a bus from the stop just across the road from my house. The 303 from San Souci to Circular Quay. It took a grand total of five minutes to get down Crown Street then another five to walk from Campbell Street to work. So all in, all I didn't get as wet as I could have, nice! It wasn’t too bad an experience despite the driver giving me dirty looks for having the audacity to ask which way the bus went and then sending me flying through the air as he pulled out of the stop.

I think I prefer to walk if it’s not raining, but the bus will suffice for rainy days and longer trips.

No comments: