August 19, 2007

ALPACA ULTIMATIUM

After a great night out on Friday/Saturday morning I dragged my butt out of bed at 8.30 to drive up to the Central Coast and mingle with alpaca people in order to get them to volunteer for a display that I have ended up convening.

I’m not quite sure how it happened but it did, and being a woman of my word I find myself in a position that I have been in at other times, but this time, for some reason it seems to be worse. It was a beautiful sunny, winter day but I found myself feeling physically sick, deep in the pit of my stomach. Despite not having a lot of sleep, I wasn’t suffering a hangover, so it wasn’t that. I feel like, for the last two and half years I’ve only spoken to these people to ask for stuff.

Will you advertise in the newsletter?
Will write up that great story you just told me?
Will you be a volunteer at this and that display?
Will you host a meeting?
Will sponsor a month on the calendar?
Will you sell/buy a raffle ticket?

Granted, most of the time they’ve said yes. I seem to have the magic touch and I’ve been told I could sell sand to the Arabs, but I hate being like this. It all started as trying to do good marketing for a growing industry, but I am well and truly picking up my ball and going home. I’ve had enough!

Being around people who could have once been called friends now makes me feel ill, drained and exhausted. The negative energy that emits from a certain few (those mentioned in other posts mostly) effects my well being to such a degree that it starting zapping my lifeforce before I even get close. I feel the Carnations eyes boring into me. Now, I understand that this in purely physocologically, but you know what? I don’t need this type of shit, ever!

I have just one more thing to do (because I said I would, actually I never said I would, but it’s only two weeks away so a bit late to bale) and that is take a week of work (without pay) and run the alpaca display at the Australian Springtime Flora Festival in Gosford on the weekend that George Bush is turning Sydney into his own little fortress aka APEC. Then I will have nothing more to do with the alpaca industry except to enjoy the beautiful majestic animals it claims to want to promote.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck - you know you're better than they all think you are. Hope you feel better about everything once you have some time off and find some happiness.