August 9, 2007

Soirée

So as I was saying, I was on the bus this morning and the there was this girl on there talking on a mobile phone. She was the spitting image of Paris (a girl I used to work with at Stateside Speedy) but without the passion for Burberry. She was talking about a tasteful soirée next Friday that was only for interesting people and she asked her friend if she knew any.

Obviously I couldn’t hear what the friend was saying but her answers were priceless;

‘Ohh no, not her. I’m sure she’s very interesting but I find her dull.’
‘I think he’s a very nice person, but I don’t like him.’
‘I really like her, but I find her very consuming.’
‘He only talks about production units; I don’t find him interesting at all.’

Unfortunately she got off the bus before I got to find out if she managed to know, like, feel comfortable with enough interesting people to rustle up the 10-12 people she wanted at her exclusive Friday night soirée.

I suppose buses do have their uses.

No comments: