August 15, 2007

Husband for Hire

So, those that read on a regular basis will know that I have moved into a new place and last Tuesday I brought some new bookshelves from Ikea.

Yesterday, I Hired-a Hubby to come and put them together for me. Not because I couldn’t do it myself, you understand, but because these buggers are so heavy they broke the trolley in Ikea by flattening out the wheels.

Anyway, he came round late last week to price the job up and put up a few picture hooks. When I went to the website I was presented with this image.
You can image my surprise, actually not really surprise but disappointment when man in his sixties turned up with an arse wider than mine and more sweat than a man who'd just run a marathon.

False advertising I call it.

On the plus side I do now have three new bookshelves so I can finish unpacking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That will teach you!! not everything is what it apears!!muv

Fran Carleton said...

Thank you for pointing that out Mother!

Maybe I could teach you to suck eggs next. ;-)