August 13, 2007

Weekend Review

The last couple of weeks have been very full on and pressure filled. So this weekend I cancelled plans (Swannies on Saturday and City2Surf on Sunday) and kept it to myself.

But things still had to be done. On Saturday, Ikea finally decided they would deliver my bookshelves (after I’d paid again) between ten am and two pm. Of course, as usual with a time window such as this, they turned up at 1.55. After they had gone I caught a bus (yes Edna, you read right, a bus) into town and walked into JB HiFi were I procured myself a complete set of Sex and The City.

Then I wandered over to Oxford Street through Hyde Park and got my hair cut at three. The hairdresser took a bit too much off my fringe, but as Grandad Pops always said ‘the difference between a good and a bad hair, about two weeks.’ It’ll grow back and hair gel works wonders.

After that I went home and tried to plumb in the DVD player. Turns out I didn’t have the right cables. D’oh! Hubby saved the day by raiding his cable collection and plugging it all in via the Foxtel box. It seems I have an old DVD player, but a new telly, who would have guessed.

I spent the evening reading with the telly on in the background.

Sunday I spent with Hubby putting the finishing touches to the 2008 Alpaca Calendar, even if I do say so myself, it looks pretty good.

I did the ironing while watching Alias Season 4 before going to bed nice and early to read my book.

All in all my weekend was a tad relaxing.


Congratulations to Edna and Sally for completeing the City2Surf in two and a half hours!

4 comments:

Syms Covington said...

Oo I had a haircut too. All off.

Fran Carleton said...

A number one, two or three?

Edna Wilt said...

Haircuts!??! You crazy kids!
Thanks on the congrats, sadly the official timing forces seem to think we finished in 3 hours and 20 mins. Shocking!

Fran Carleton said...

Bar-Stards!

They must have dodgy stop-watches!