August 31, 2007

Mmmm...Trifle

I was called a ‘neurotic fusspot’ today. So I looked up the words just to confirm that it wasn’t me this person was talking about and this is what dictionary.com had to say;

Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary
Main Entry: 'neurotic' Function: noun
1 : one affected with a neurosis
2 : an emotionally unstable individual

American Heritage Dictionary
Entry: 'fuss·budget' Function: noun
1 : A person who fusses over trifles. Also called fusspot.

Now, In the current climate I think I would have every right to be ‘emotionally unstable’ but I’m not and never really have been. As for fusspot, yes, I do have my moments, but then who doesn’t.


And in my defense, I wouldn't fuss over a trifle, I'd eat it, especially if it was the sherry type with cream and glaze cherries.

All those that think I’m a ‘neurotic fusspot’ say I.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I! I love trifle too and Neurotics are much more interesting than Normals.

Fran Carleton said...

Ta June! ;-)

Who wants to be normal?

Anonymous said...

OK girl, the FIRST time you asked me that question I was like "no, definitely not."

The TWENTIETH time you asked me, I had to recant.

I now plead the 5th.

T

Anonymous said...

Also pleading the 5th. I do agree that neurotics ae more interesting though.

Fran Carleton said...

And I call you lot my friends! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Friends tell you, you accept it and don't hold it against them. If you can't be honest without ramifications what's the point :-).

oooooo - deep.