October 11, 2006

The Mystery of the Bearded Lady

Since I started my poetry classes I have been trying to write a short poem about ladies that don’t exercise some sort of hair removal on their top lip or chin. I confess to sometime getting a stray hair on my chin (now I’m older) and have taken to carrying tweezers in my handbag. If I ever have the same on the top...off to S I go, and it will become part of the usual wax works.

Anyway...in my classes there is a mix of ladies, both young and old and I am amazed by the amount whom have this massive amount of growth that they just leave. One lady in particular is always dressed immaculately and from what I know about hair, spends a lot on hers. Last night she was sitting next to me and talking, the light caught her just right to trigger a ‘da dah’ moment and I wrote this ;-) Odd subject for a poem I know...but it made me chuckle!


Thin painted lips,
but nothing disguises
the moustache that pushes forth
on the top lip
that should be soft and smooth.

Bleach has been tried and tested true
the tips show light
the shadows cast makes it
spiders legs, hairy and eight

If it were legs
or the pits of the arms
be shaved, waxed or peroxide blonde.
My guess is wax or the razor,
so why not wax the face?
Whiskers favoured.

No comments: