October 27, 2006

Back to Swimming – Week One

On Wednesday in ‘Migraine Repair’ I mentioned I had been swimming for the first time in ages and I’ve been again yesterday and today, so I’ve decided to keep a mini journal about my progress. That way, I will have to keep going ‘cause buddies will nag if they don’t see the new figure/s (won’t you Miss E and Edna?) I’ve even decide to invest in a new goggles and cossie ‘cause I worked out that the little navy blue Speedo number I’m using at the mo is getting on for 12 years old. Not bad that I can still fit into it, but time for retirement I think.

On Wednesday I did about 40 – 50 length spread over about an hour and twenty minutes, with lots of aqua aerobics between lengths
Yesterday, Thursday I did 50 or 52 (I lost count about 26) in just over an hour, not as much poncing about.
Today, Friday, I took my stop watch with me, ‘cause I wanted a proper benchmark and I did 50 in 40 minutes. I had to really push through the last 10, espaililly the last 5 as my shoulders were feeling the ‘burn’.

The pool in a 20 metre lap pool.

(203 words)

No comments: