October 24, 2006

I Heart Robbie

I am now the proud owner of Rudebox, the latest offering from the stud muffin also known as Robbie Williams. I’m listening to it now for the umpteenth time since I handed over my $24.95 yesterday.

I have of course come to the conclusion that he has completely lost the plot, but that’s just one of the reasons why I love him. It has some great beats thats gets the shoulders bopping and a great cover of Kiss Me by Stephen Duffy. He reminisces his way through the 80’s and 90’s with witty tales of sex, drugs, smoking and joining Take That. Of course it has Rudebox and Lovelight on it, but once again it’s the really personal songs that are the best.





But my favourite has to be Good Doctor, it sounds a bit like Cat Empire, but very funny and I love the following lines
‘Robbie Williams take one Adervil with water in the morning’, He wants me to take one tablet, I’m Keith Moon, DICKhead’.
‘That’s right if I take them for more than four day in a row I get that haunted look,’ and the closing line, ‘No St. John’s Wort ‘cause I can get that at Boots.’

These are just a few of the great one liners throughout the album.

No comments: