June 8, 2007

White and Red make…?

Edna and I went to see P!nk last night.

Ok, we were late. We missed the ‘entrance’ so we found the show a little slow to get started. I’m sure this had nothing to do with P!nk’s ability to entertain and entirely to do with our inability to stop talking about the ways boys brains work.

Throughout I think I counted eight costume changes which was the most I have ever seen from a major act. A couple of them where done backstage while the guitarist or backup singer got a solo, but it was cleverly done. At one point, you could hear her singing and it was a couple of minutes before you realised she wasn’t even on the stage.

Her interaction with the crowd was inspired. I can see why so many of the crowd were repeat visitors. She accepted a wrapped rose from a young girl; she signed a photo for another. She made jokes about how long she’d been touring and was genuinely shocked when people started throwing chocolate and marshmallows onto the stage to go with her ‘campfire’ bit. She sang ‘You and your hand’ astride a Harley wearing fishnets and a leather jacket. Nice!

But the awesomest (I know it not a word) bit was the acrobatic bit. She did a set where while singing a song she got hauled into the air on a blue net, then started hanging and twisting and flying on it as she wrapped it around herself. As the final encore she did it all over with pink ribbons.

Afterwards while I queued for over priced miniature t-shirts and a program, Edna sat on the steps and contemplated how P!nk was hot. After the six girls who hd been behind us had been repeatedly telling us all night. I think they were trying to tell the star on stage she was hot, but seeing as we were about a mile away, I don’t think P!nk could hear them.

After concert analysis lead us to conclude that P!nk is anything but warm and fuzzy as her name suggests, but we still think she’s AWESOME!

No comments: