August 1, 2006

Boredom

I believe that as you grow older you should be able to occupy your own time and stop bugging others.

I can quite honestly say that the only time I have ever been bored is when I’m at work. Maybe there has been one or two occasion were I’ve been bored at home. At work, you may have quite times between projects, but it would be inappropriate to whip out the embroidery or other such crafty past-time. Now, that I have writing in my hobby bag, boredom happens much less, even at work.

My hubby is less able to stop time passing at a crawl. He watches telly, plays his computer (be it, game or generally) and … well really that’s it!

If I ask him ‘how ‘ya going?’ He will reply that he is OK, only to announce a little time later that he is bored! Over the years we have had the ‘Get a hobby’ conversation a few times. He’s tried drawing (he wrote his name in the front of the drawing book I brought him), reading (he can only read before sleep, NEVER during the day), gardening (he pruned things until they died, so I had to stop that), playing the guitar (I got him a ‘teach yourself guitar’ book and tape, he wouldn’t go to lessons), remote control boat (the battery died) and puzzles, the jigsaw and mental book type, he got bored.

Help me please, I’m running out of ideas, have you folks got any ideas for hobbies for an unmotivated, prone to boredom male.

(259 words)

No comments: