August 3, 2006

Sushi and Leaning

I love Sushi, I may have mentioned this before, I may not have, but I love the stuff! I could quite happily sit with one of those little conveyor belts going past me for breakfast, lunch and tea.

Roe Boat, Seaweed ship, raw salmon on rice, raw salmon and tuna, gyoza, miso soup and a cuddly toy.

I was having lunch today at an establishment, the aptly named ‘Sushi Train’ which is very close to were I work, it was full as it always is at lunch time, when the one thing that disturbs me about sitting at a jam packed sushi bar happened.

The man (tall, dark and grubby with a touch of body odour) to my left reached his arm across my placemat, shouldered me out the way and grabbed for the Wasabi.

It’s a god-damn moving belt, it moving towards you. Wait for it to get to you!

Now…I know this comes down to manners again and I know I keep going on about them, but I figure it’s may be because I put a higher value on them than others seem too. To me it seems rude to lean over a stranger whilst they sit and eat. I was taught never to even do that to someone I know, so why do people feel the need to do so when in the company of strangers. Maybe it’s because they know the chances of ever seeing the person they offend again are slim to none.

Anyway…I’ve had one of the day were I feel the need to go home and go to bed, because surely it cannot get any worse.
(273 words)

Edna demonstates a finer example of Sushi selection!

No comments: