August 9, 2006

Readie Meme

On Monday, The Other Andrew had put an entry called ‘The Bookish Meme’, this is my reply.

1. One book you have read more than once:
A few – but the one I’ve read a number of times is 101 Dalmatians. I just can’t get enough of the black and white haired baddie, Cruelly De Vil!

2. One book you would want on a desert island:
Cook your own coconut for Dummies or maybe a empty book so I could write the ultimate diary. After all, in the words of Oscar Wilde ‘One should always keep a diary as one should always have something scandalous to read.’

3. One book that made you laugh:
Fat Forty and Fired by Nigel Marsh, read it last year and loved it. In fact it could almost fit into the next question too, I laughed so much.

4. One book that made you cry:
The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller. And that was even before I saw the film, that really made me cry. Other would include Harry Potter 6 The Half Blood Prince, Watership Down and In Cold Blood by Truman Capote (because I hated it and had to read it for Uni!)

5. One book you wish you had written:
Dracula by Bram Stoker. An enduring Classic, it may not have made as much money as Mr. Brown has, but it will be around a lot longer I think.

6. One book you wish had never been written:
Ohh.. do I have to just pick one… there are so many! (see question 4;-)

7. One book you are currently reading:
A couple of books as normal. I never have just one on the go.
How to Understand Poetry by Margaret Cutler-Stuart, The Journalist and the Murderer by Janet Malcolm and Erotic Tales by Alison Tyler. The first two are for Uni, the last one is all for me!

8. One book you have been meaning to read:
So much to read, so little time!
However, I have a lovely 1910 edition of Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy that I brought in a dusty old south Australian second hand bookshop for $20 a few years ago. I’m sure one day I’ll get to read it.

9. One Book That Changed Your Life:
Ken Hom’s Hot Wok, he taught me to cook Chinese food and the best wontons on the planet.

10. Now tag five people:
Five people would have to read my blog for that ;-)

If you want to play, leave a comment or a link to your blog with your answers. But most of all…have fun!

No comments: