August 30, 2006

Pigeon and Friend

Yesterday at Uni, my poetry class homework was set for the week, we had to write a new poem for workshopping next Tuesday. On my way to my next class I saw a pile of pigeon poo at the bottom of a pillar. Looking up I saw a grey security camera and tucked in between it and the roof was a pigeon, safe and sound in the dark (one of the few dark places in the city) for the night. Straight away I wanted to write my poem about it. This is what I came up with today. As usual, feedback welcome about how yummy or crappy my poetry is!

Pigeon and Friend

Flying high
Grey streak above the cityscape
Safe in the sky
Looking down
Scavenging for food
Racing for life

Sitting high
A grey box on the cities walls
Watch for safety
Eyes observe
Looking for foul play
Strives to save life

Resting high
In harmony they sit as one
Bird and camera
No one sees
Nesting safe and sound
A life that’s safe

2 comments:

Tami said...

Hi Jodie,

So glad you like my blog. I like yours too.

Here is the link to the Kitty Pi bed pattern. It is from Wendy Knits website.

http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybed.htm

Take care.

Miss Eudoxia said...

hey hon....
ok i did one of your blog test things.... re honesty.

***You Are Very Honest***


You tell it like it is, no matter what.
Even if the truth hurts, you'll dish it out.
And while some may get hurt by your honesty...
At least everyone knows where you stand!


How Honest Are You?
http://www.blogthings.com/howhonestareyouquiz/