August 22, 2006

Not a Hangover

One of the nastiest bugs to cross my path in a long while has landed on my head. At first I thought it was a hangover, come to think of it, I think it snuck in, while I was hungover on Saturday after a rather fine evening on Friday with my mate Edna.

We went to Hellfire, dressed as school girls up for no good. Lollipops were sucked and champagne drunk. No dancing took place as Edna had worn shoes that her feet were not used to, so they looked something like the reddened arses on the St. Andrews Cross in the corner. We got chatted up by a lesbian, an Ozzy Osbourne look-alike, a short but rubber obsessed hunkie. Edna seemed to catch the eye of a very short Billy Idol impersonator. At three forty five am, we assisted each other home before passing out in our respective beds.

Saturday morning passed in a coma like state, before walking to the local ale house for a giant fry-up. I was feeling somewhat tender in the stomach and the head. Edna, being a few year younger seemed to be handling the effects of eth night before somewhat better.

I spent my evening on the couch, gathering no sympathy from my Hubby ‘it’s self inflicted’. Edna I was to learn later, spent it in the company of other friends, drinking hair of the dog.

On Sunday I woke feeling as bad if not worst than Saturday. I read a little, most of my Uni readings for the week. Truman Capote, really isn’t any better be read about as reading his book In Cold Blood. I know it’s supposed to be a master piece, but I find it wordy! Is that fact that I have just been listening to it in audiotape, showing in this blog entry at all?

Monday has come and gone with me in a state of complaining tummy and stuffed up head. Sleeping at the drop of a hat and waking groggy.

Today, Tuesday, I have had to blow off my Uni classes ‘cause I’m still feeling crabby and crap. My nose is running like a tap, my whole body aches, I’m having trouble focussing on anything for more than a moment and I still have the sh*ts…in more way than one.

I hope I feel better tomorrow, ‘cause I’ve got an job interview!

(396 words)

No comments: