July 24, 2006

Hunter Daze

I spent my Sunday driving around the Hunter Valley with Hubby, Edna and her Mum.

Our day started with Hubby and me getting trapped in the garage of our building. Some bright sparky had started to install a new roller shutter the day before and had failed to reprogram the keys. So for the first time in forever we were late through no fault of our own. Follow that with a brief trip around the western suburbs due to poor sense of direction and we hit our first stop thirty minutes late.

Edna’s Mum got to hand feed an alpaca before we moved onto lunch at Peterson Champagne House (picture of Fern frong was taken there) in the heart of the valley.

Then the real fun started. Hubby handed me the car keys and started enjoying himself sniffing, swilling, tasting and spitting…ohh hang-on that last one didn’t happen at ALL! That would explain why I had a car load of port, Chardonnay and Semillon dessert wine and people singing ‘Lilly the Pink’ and ‘I’ve Got a Brand New Combined Harvester’ on the trip back to Sydney.

(179 words)

2 comments:

Miss Eudoxia said...

I laughed myself silly imagining you chaperoning the drunkards home!

Fran Carleton said...

I have to confess to joining in when Lilly the Pink was on the Karoke. I love that song!

What about this made you laugh so hard?