July 11, 2006

Nastiness and Bad Behaviour

My weekend was OK, How was yours?

Mine started on Friday with a quite drink after work. At 1am I found myself taking twice as long to walk home ‘cause I was unable to walk in a straight line. Broken bum had nothing to do with it. A good night was had by all, plenty of drinking, hilarity and good clean fun (J) was had by all. The unplanned nights are always the best!

Saturday saw resting and grocery shopping. It has to be done, we don’t have to enjoy it.
Sunday was a day in the car and at an Alpaca AGM. Once again I am on the committee of the Aussie Alpacas. Hubby and I spent the weekend travelling the countryside so we could go to a farce of a meeting to be voted in as an ordinary committee member (so I can be editor again) and treasurer (hubby). The car trip was painful, but not as painful as the meeting. I won’t go into to too many boring details, but the ‘Carnation’ tried to take me on by criticising content and I did my best to shut her down while being polite. We were after all sitting in her backyard.


The meeting and subsequent battle with ‘Carnation’ made me think again about why people are like that? Nasty and malicious I mean. They don’t get anything out of it, surely? Does it make them feel good? Does it make them feel big or clever? If someone can explain this behaviour to me I would love to hear it, it may enable me to handle it better.

(268 words)

No comments: