July 22, 2006

Walking Tour

We went for a little walk today (14 kilometres) around Sydney and back again via Yum Cha, the Chinese Gardens, King Street Wharf, the long way to Millers point and the Botanical Gardens. I took a few pictures, some of them quite cute, some picture postcards and some observational art. I hope you enjoy, ‘cause my bum, hips and knees, now ache somewhat!

So, please let me talk you though the pictures I have chosen to share with you.


1. A classic tourist shot from the Chinese Gardens being over shadowed by the city behind.


2. A mother duck with one of her babies. There were 8 of them and they all looked extremely cute. They reminded me of the day I saw a mother and babies on my dam. They were quite happy swimming along until a kookaburra swooped down and gobbled up the one slacking behind. Two days later, there was just the mother left
;-(Luckily, there are no Kookaburras in Sydney!)

3. The sun was shining over King Street Wharf, next to Darling Harbour.

4. The sun shining over wharf three on Hickson Road. We had just walked around a rather confusing exhibition of ‘Installation’ art. Quite frankly, I never get that stuff; give me Kandinsky or Jackson Pollock any day over ‘Flags with fan and hair’.

5. A crevice in the rock wall along Hickson Road filled with a neat line of Tooheys Extra Dry bottles.

6. A pair of feet in wore leather shoes on the escalator in Darling Harbour. I just thought this would be a good idea at the time, we all have our moments.


(264 words)
PS. Sorry about the formatting of this post, but I just can't seem to to get it right.

PPS. If you click on the pictures, you can see a bigger version. If you download them, please leave a message in Comments so I know, after all, that's the polite thing to do ;-)









No comments: