October 2, 2007

Spring Cleaning

Now that Spring is upon us and I’m trying to fit the contents of a three bedroom house and two bedroom apartment into a ‘cosy’ two bed cottage I feel I need to start throwing stuff out. Hubby has been forced to relocate and it appears most of the stuff we had is, in fact mine, as evidenced by the eight boxes now blocking my way to the fridge.

I liked having an A3 laminator when we had a huge shop to store it in, but do I really need it now it’s just me?

Do I really need two woks?

If there was a help group called Hoarders Anonymous I would standing at the front saying ‘My name is Jodie and I’m a hoarder, please help me.’ I don’t know where to start and I hate throwing stuff out. Always have done, always will do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are the golden rules for non-hoarders (i.e. those who don't live like Sanford and Son):

1. If you haven't used it in the last year,
2. If it takes you 5 minutes to recall what it is,
3. If it is so old or used that it stinks, no longer resembles its original form or performs its original function,
4. If you can't imagine a scenario where it would save your or a friend's life in an instant, or
5. If you could replace it and still pay your monthy mortgage...

THROW IT OUT REDD (a.k.a Fred Sanford)

Todd Moniot (a.k.a why the hell don't I have a nickname on your site Jodie!!!!!)

Fran Carleton said...

Well, we established yesterday that the only nicknames you’ve ever had were either your surname or a bodily fluid, so I think we’ll be sticking with Todd, if that’s OK with you.

Ohh...and thanks for the hoarder advice, I'm sure it will be as useful as the one-night-stand advice.

Edna Wilt said...

Mr. Moniot- on my website you are referred to as 'TGT'. That stands for 'The Gorgeous Todd'.

Jodie, I'll have the 2nd wok! ;-)

xx