October 5, 2007

On Religion

I was sent an article the other day by author, scientist and all round deep thinker, Richard Dawkins. You may think you know the name and you probably do. He wrote The God Delusion, The Selfish Gene and contributed to Everything you know about God is Wrong. He is known for his outspokenness about God and religion.

Needless to say, the article ‘Logical Path from Religious Beliefs to Evil Deeds’ sent a hum through my heart (anyone who know me, know my thoughts on this subject) and I thought I would share it with you all. I also read a couple other related articles and some of the comments (there are 700 odd).

I know people have their faiths and I respect that. I also respect people who choose to smoke. I also respect people who choose to drive fast. I have respect for most people who live and breathe on this planet. I just ask one thing;

Please don’t expect me to do and believe what you do, just because you think it’s the only way to live a ‘good’ life.

No comments: