September 15, 2007

The Offer

Went out with Trixy and Rachel last night to a pub in Newtown. It was supposed to be a crawl from The Bank to The Marly but the addition of Bob and Jenna made it a bit more limited with the hearing issues in ‘loud spaces’. So we ended up, up stairs with a bottle or two of white wine. I hadn’t seen Bob for a while (I used to work with him and Trixy at one of the four leading banks in Aussie five years ago) and he tried to introduce himself to me. He was terribly embarrassed when he realized it was me. He later said to Trixy that he loved my haircut and that it made me look younger.

Anyway…Trixy was confused about why they had come out for a drink in Newtown. These are people who normally hand out at the most expensive restaurants or choose to entertain at home. So why had they come out to play with us?

After nearly five hours of drinking and casual chit chat all was revealed in the last twenty seconds. As Jenna slid into a taxi outside Zanibar, Bob turned to Trixy and said something I didn’t hear. But I did hear Trixy say ‘beat Russell’s offer’ as she slammed the cab door in his face. Only after the car had pulled away did she turn to me and said ‘Ohh, my god, what just happened?’

It’s a long story, but it involves a kick-arse job for Trixy in either Johannesburg or Hong Kong. I may even get in on the action this time.

You go Trixy, you’re all class…I’ll miss you when you move overseas on the 21st November!

No comments: