September 14, 2007

Judge Mental

There are people out there that make judgements about you based on nothing. This is why I do change management. I find it fascinating that one people deals with a situation in a totally different way to the person sitting at the desk next door. People usually have a reason for doing something. Whether it be kicking up a stink about not having a Position Description (an hour out of my life yesterday in a team meeting), moving the newspapers away from their desk even though they always get put there (the new guy in the office is really upsetting the old-timers), or simply not answering an email.

I could answer the snotty email I received today with a ‘bugger off’ or I could give a detailed explanation about how I’m not interested in what he’s selling and ask he please leave me alone. I have already tried it’s not happening, maybe if I’m nice and the explaining it emails. I can no longer explain myself in the hope he’ll get it.

I’m now hoping if I just ignore him, he’ll go away. I have it on good authority from fellow workers that sometimes if you just ignore it, it WILL go away.

This is my finally request, I can’t be doing with constantly arguing, justifying my action and explaining myself at work or at home.


Update: 1139 15/9/07 - I decided everyone deserves to know why.

Update 1432 17/9/07 - Some people are pricks even if you are trying to be considerate.

No comments: