July 3, 2007

Is Porridge the New Cement?

During the warmer months I stop at my local café on the way to work and pick up a freshly cut fruit salad each morning. There is something so refreshing about pineapple, melon, raspberries and other seasonal fruits that really get me started in the morning.

So now that Winter is well and truly here, with the coats, hats and scarves comes another, warmer morning food. On a Mondays I buy a bottle of milk and each morning I make myself a nice hot bowl of steaming porridge with a sprinkling of brown sugar.

This is not the first year I have done this, I’ve been doing it for many years but there is something I forget each year about the porridge bowl once you have finished eating it. You must wash it immediately!

Yesterday for some reason I didn’t and one thing led to another and before I knew it, it was home time. This morning a came in and the remaining oats had stuck to the insides like a limpet. I put my bowl into soak in the kitchen for three hours, and I still had to chip the buggers off with my fingernail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recommend leaving the porridge in the sink for a few days and waiting for someone else to clear it up. Works a treat, but you do have to be able to handle the argumentative fallout with lots of doey eyed hugging.