July 18, 2007

I Like...

What with yesterday morning being the coldest since the early 80s it got me thinking this morning (my brain slows when it’s cold, it’s like putting maggots in the fridge (it’s a fishing thing)).

There are a few things I like about the cold and a few things I don’t.

Like being tucked up in my nice warm bed
Don’t like having to get out of said warm bed
Like Puss cuddling up with me
Don’t like the fact Puss paws me to get attention before cuddling up
Like being able to see my breath as I walk
Don’t like not being able to feel the ends of my fingers
Like the low winter sunshine
Like the steam coming of the dams
Like the covering of frost that melts as the sun hits it

Like that i have to wear the brightly coloured scarf
Don't like that I have dress and undress several times a day as I walk from inside to out and vise-versa
Like the amazing light you only get in winter with frost and fog
Don’t like having to get up to see it
Like the clear skies and frosty air, it reminds me of the UK in spring
Love the way the stars look so much brighter in a clear winter sky

No comments: