February 8, 2006

Don't Drive Sleepy

We’ve all heard the ad campaign; Don’t drive drunk, well I think the new one should be don’t drive sleepy. I know the Aussie's already have Stop, Revive, Survive but I think that slogan is getting tired (pun intended;-)

Last night I had to travel in the early morning, along country roads with the risk of kangaroos and kamikaze possums. I was lucky that I saw none; if I had I wouldn’t have stood a chance. I realised once I reached the freeway and was forced to a more reasonable speed that I had been driving with a ridiculous amount of confidence because I wanted to reach my destination before 2am. I had been driving at speeds that even me, a self confessed lead foot wouldn’t dream of doing during the day or evening. But, it being night (morning in fact) the chances of being caught by Plod was slim to none!

I reached my destination at 1.50am and promptly feel asleep on top on the bed covers, fully dressed. I woke this morning and recalled nearly losing it on a sweeping bend and being blinded by oncoming trucks.

At least when you’re drunk you drive slowly! Or so I have been told, I never drink and drive. But, happily I got into my car sleepy, daft isn’t it?

Stoopid, very, very stoopid!

No comments: