February 15, 2006

Billy

It was Valentine’s Day yesterday and for the first time in years, we did something.

After work we had a nice Chinese dinner followed by Billy Connelly in concert at the Sydney Opera House.

I laughed so much I though I was going to wet myself. He came on the stage at 8pm and talked until 11.15, running an hour over. He talked about getting old, renovating houses, religion (many unimpressed faces in the audience), his wife’s trip around the world, his stuffed Scottish wild cat, his days living alone in a Glasgow tenement and finally ballet and opera. At 63, he still pranced around the stage like a school boy and waxed lyrical about peeing.

Today, I ache. My shoulders, my tummy and my jaw. If laughing is such a good form of exercise I should start going to more comedy shows. It beats the gym!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute. People should laugh more. ;)

Miss Eudoxia said...

good to hear you had a good laugh. Woudl love to see Billy Connelly one day. He would hae to in my top ten dinner guests list :-)