February 14, 2006

What are they thinking?

As you will all know by now, I’m moving to Melbourne. Well, I applied to go to Uni down there, so I could continue the studies I started in November in Sydney. I called them to check that it was OK that I was applying late in the season and spoke to a very nice guy who assured me that it was fine and even the fact that I didn’t have an undergraduate degree wasn’t a problem as I had started Postgraduate studies in Sydney. So I sent my application with the transcripts of the postgrad work so far, a list of publications I have achieved, an example of my writing and my CV (resume).

Anyway, I got a letter back on Friday, telling I didn’t satisfy the criteria of entry as I don’t have a udergradute degree.

Yes, an udergraduate degree. They had sent me a letter with a typo on it telling me I wasn’t good enough. The letter was 8 lines at best and they spelt the KEY word wrong!

Do I really want to attend a University that can’t even sent out a correctly spelt rejection letter. Do I really want to attend a university that doesn’t know how to spell check in Word (see Word!) Worse still, it was probably a template and the same error had been sent to others too.

No comments: