January 31, 2006

Right back at ’ya

A book came back to me today. One I dropped on a train (see Books…Nov2005) back in November!

I was standing in the Print Room at work and my eyes were wandering as they do when I have to wait for anything and I saw a book sat on the other bookless work top. So I flipped open the front cover and there was my sticker.

I asked the guy whose book it was (playing innocent) and he replied that he had picked it up on the train some months ago. I asked if he had read it. He said no.

So, I asked if he intended to, when a negative answer came again, I asked why he picked it up (it has a very girlie cover)

‘It was free.’

After a discreet roll of the eyes, I asked if I could have it and told him 'it quite clearly states on the sticker in the front to pass it on when it's finished with.'

'Yeah, no problem. I'm sure your'll enjoy it. It look pretty girlie!'

As tempted as I was to say 'well, i enjoyed it the first time, you bozo!' I resisted and thanked him very much. I picked up my printing and left.

Later in the day I dropped it in the Park. Hopefully, someone who will really appreciate it picks it up this time!

2 comments:

Miss Eudoxia said...

Now, if you subscribe to the cosmic conspiracy theory you would, about now, be asking yourself "what is there in this book that I need to reread that will help me in what I am doing in my life?" Go on, I dare ya!!
I now you have re given it to the public, cast your mind back to what was in it...............

Fran Carleton said...

I did...it was a book about moving on with life ;-)