April 26, 2006

Will we be saved by Aliens?

I went to a Landmark Forum introduction seminar on Monday night. I went along with pretty preconceived ideas. It’s like Amway and they’re gonna try a shrink my brain. It was neither of these things, it was WORSE!

These people just want to help you improve your life and make you happier. The lady running the session told us of her experience. She attended the Forum three and a half years ago and it had changed her life so much, she never left. She wanted to help other s as she had been helped. The other lady in the room, had attended five years ago, she had been helped so much her husband and three kids have all attended. Her sixteen year old son had benefited so much he no longer get into trouble. He’s sixteen, he’s supposed to be getting into trouble!

Straight after leaving the session I felt like I wanted to do this three day intensive (9am – midnight) course, I felt lighter and happier. I wanted to tell everyone about my new found discoveries about myself, I wanted to SHARE!

The next day, after the first full nights sleep in a while (my husband snores, badly) I woke fresh and full of clarity. I had attended my first CULT meeting!

I couldn’t believe that I had been sucked in with such ease, it had been so subtle.

Arrrggghhhhh…


(230 words)

2 comments:

Miss Eudoxia said...

Now that is truly scary!!!! What was the gist of it.....what did the full follwers hope to get from you by having you enter their fold??
Money, your soul??? Or were they.....*gasp* .... just trying to be nice for the sake of it??

Fran Carleton said...

The Gist : Think of something in your life that isn't working (eg. not happy with job) Then think of the best scenario and 'being' that, you could ‘make’ it happen.

The idea is that your current thinking means having a list of things to 'do', when those are done you have 'made' it happen, which in turn results in you 'being' happy. The idea is that you go to the 3day course and they teach you how to 'be', which cuts out the 'do' which 'makes' you happy.

The course costs A$500 and goes from 0900 - 0000 on Friday and Saturday and 0900 - 1045 on Sunday. Then you get a Tuesday evening session as well. The price includes 10 follow up sessions were you 'put' everything you learnt into action.

What do they get : Well, apart from your $500 I think they get an army of volunteers to go out and 'spread the word', thereby getting more $500’s.

Being Nice : I believe it is like anything, to the true believers who devote their time and energy it is a revelation, after all it helped them when they needed it. They now do their best to help others. But to people looking in from the outside who deal with problems in a different manner, it just looks like a cult and the people devoting time look like weak-minded nutcases.