April 19, 2006

Just Like Driving

Am I the only one who walks like I drive? OK, I do walk fast, yes! But what I really mean is that I walk to the left of the pavement, I check over my shoulder before turning into doorways or overtaking and I always have a look behind me and move to the side before I stop.

My lunch times seem to be filled with drama this week.

Today a woman stopped in her tracks in front of me, in the middle of the footpath. She emerged from a shop to my right and stopped directly in front of me, head down. I quickly sidestepped, but I caught her with my shoulder. I apologised and asked if she was OK, while thinking ‘twit, watch where you’re going’. She proceeded to get abusive and tell me I was an idiot for walking into her and that I should watch where I was going etc. At the point that she called me an idiot, I pointed out that had she been paying attention and moved to the side of the path to hunt for her ringing mobile in the bottom of her massive sack of a handbag the collision could have been avoided.

As you can image she didn’t like that much and yelled at me some more, getting very worked up, she even started spitting (very unattractive). I decided, my lunch hour had already had enough precious time sucked away from it by this woman and asked her one last time if she was injured. When the question was ignored, the abuse continued and a crowd (abate small one) had started to form, I left her yelling into the air.

I’m sure that could be classed as Pavement Rage!

(289 words)

1 comment:

Miss Eudoxia said...

I normally ask dick heads who stop in the middle of shopping lanes or pavemenst liek that if they drive like they walk.....that usually shuts them up.
People usually do walk like they drive I find...think we need to do a bit of a study on this one.