April 24, 2006

Odd Day

I’m having an odd day today.

After a rather exhausting weekend (shopping and lawn mowing on Saturday, followed by a midnight drive south due to hubbies asthma again, then up at 7am on Sunday morning to drive three and a half hours to an alpaca meeting then back again) I cannot get into work. Well, physically I’m here, but my mind is wondering and I find myself just wanting to hide under my desk, curl into a ball and sleep.

I have caught up on all my buddies blogs, plus a few that I’ve never seen before. I’ve written the report for yesterdays alpaca meeting, I’ve read the Land newspaper from cover to cover and done some facilitators notes on a couple of slides for work (I’m currently writing training material) But mostly the thing I really want to do is sleep and get warm.

I can’t even go home straight after work, shower and curl up with a book for the 3.8 nanoseconds it would take me to go to sleep, as I am committed to going to a seminar that I’ve put off before. I daren’t put it off or I’ll never be invited again.

Must go…I’ve just had a brief inspiration about why the project has such a crappy name.


(213 words)

2 comments:

Fran Carleton said...

How is this different from any other Monday?

Miss Eudoxia said...

sounds like my sort of Monday