April 14, 2006

Good Friday

It was indeed a Good Friday!

It started with a small lie in, followed by feeding Blossom Possum. She is staying with us for a little while and is very, very cute. She loves her milk, then grapes for pudding.



Lunch was a seafood platter at a nice, but touristy eatery called ‘I’m Angus’ in Darling Harbour. After that, a lovely walk around the harbour (avoiding rug rats, not easy on a public holiday) to the Chinese Garden of Friendship.

After paying our $6 to get in, I was at first horrified at the amount of people, but it was OK, it was just a wedding party having pictures taken. The crowd thinned out considerable as we hit the rough cobble stones (high heels + cobbles = twisted ankles). The stands of bamboo shielded the noise to make a surprisingly tranquil space in the heart of Sydney. The walk includes seeing water dragon and skinks, and a group of orb weaver spiders in their three foot wide webs. Every corner turned brought a new vista.

I was lucky enough to get a chance to take some lovely photographs of the sun hitting the water too. The angle was perfect, just before sunset.


After a quick walk home, I was off out again to meet some friends for a tourist style photo shoot of the Harbour Bridge and Opera house at Sunset. Miss Eudoxia, the Other Andrew, his friend M and another friend nicknamed Yellow Tie. We took pictures of Sydney until it was dark, then moved onto a lovely Thai restaurant for food. Yummy yummy food. It was a lovely day.

My day was only marred slightly, actually thinking about it, it was actually quite funny. Somebody left an Anonymous comment about my blog name. They said it was their real name and I was a weirdo (‘cause I write erotica) and should therefore take my blog down. Ohh… even better, that I had seen their name on their website and I had stolen it. I think that’s great ‘cause I own www.jodiesorrell.com (currently putting pages together, lots more erotica) and have been using the name for years. About 25 years in fact. So if that Jodie Sorrell had a webpage back then... congratulations on being named after my first two cats!

(385 words)

1 comment:

Miss Eudoxia said...

Lets see if "The other Jodie" has a come back :)
Great night last night, will send you the neat pics you took of the guy under the light.