December 31, 2011

Resolutions

I didn’t make any resolutions last year because I was in such a bad place I couldn’t see the point. At that point in my life I was having issues even seeing myself seeing the year out.

Clearly I’m in a better place this year (despite still being broke) that I have decided to make some resolutions that stand a chance of being seen through.

1. Exercise more.
I’ve been fairly sedentary in 2011. My clothes are shrinking and that isn’t a good thing. SO I hoping to walk more and maybe start swimming again.

2. Photograph more
With three photography gigs for others in 2011, I figure four or more in 2012 will see my record improved. I’m going to offer my services in order to improve my portfolio.


3. Go out and see people
I’ve been out rarely in 2011, so I intend to attend more pub gigs, dine out a little more and go to more cultural events.

4. Pay down my debts
In an attempt to make my goal of working from home come true…I will be ploughing cash into my debts. At least 10% more than each monthly payment is required.

5. Write more
While I really enjoy writing I find it’s often the first thing that goes when other ‘bright shiny objects’ divert my attention. In 2011 I have written just over 110 entries andthat averages out at one every three days. I’m going to aim for once every two days (on average) and that’s about 240 entries. These entries may be in the form of articles, opinion pieces and reviews, plus, in the news round-ups.

I think that will do me for the year. I like to be busy, but any more and I’d have no time for actually doing any of them.

I wish you all a very Happy New Year and that it a great year for you all.

(Anonymous, even though you’re trolling my comments, you have a good 2012 too, it may give you something better to do)

No comments: