December 27, 2011

Never...

'Never a good deed goes unpunished'

In 1980, Clare Booth Luce, wrote those words in the book 'The Book of Laws'. What do you think caused her to have such a pessimistic outlook on life? She was voted into Congress in the 40s, a pretty good achievement in those times. She was the editor of Vogue and Vanity Fair in the 30s. She was 84 when she passed away in 1987.

A pharmacist quoted her at me today. After she'd sold me anti fungal cream to apply to the ringworm that has sprouted on my left side.

A few weeks I fostered some cats. They would have surely died if I hadn't have done this. The only problem is they brought fungal disease into the house. I've been treating them with shampoo washes, iodine cream and regular hoovering (those that know me will know this is the hardest of the treatments). It takes time to get rid of it and it has a two week incubation period.

This is it for me. I'm done, all tapped out. Once this intake is gone I'm never helping again unless it's throwing money at a problem.

No comments: