December 31, 2011

2011: Au revoir

I’m thankful for few things in 2011.

It’s been an all round shitty year that started with nearly eight weeks of unemployment with a scattering of tour bus trips. While these trips keep the wolf from the door, the black dog crept in through the side door and stayed around for the year. I’m still in the process of vacating him, but at least I’ve moved him stuff out onto the lawn.

Cara. A white dog. She came into my life in mid February and while she was supposed to be a temporary tenant, the little thing got under my skin and become a fully fledged member of the family when I officially adopted her in April. Who knew a one-eyed Chihuahua would have such a big character and influence on my life for the positive.

I learnt how to bake bread and wrote a book of recipes in memory of Muv

I expanded my experience in the photography of events. I worked at the Jurassic Lounge evenings at the Australian Museum and I got to take pictures at a music festival of a prominent Australian artist. These have been unpaid gigs, but very must who you know, rather that what. To those who’s. Thanks :-)

I commenced studying for a Certificate IV in Celebrancy in an attempt to take control of my life and working hours. I’m hoping to get out of the office environment in the next couple of years, so I’m grateful that I’ve been able to identify in myself, despite the need to repay debt, the need for more time at home.

Employment has been fairly consistent since early in the year. There was the mail order place, the construction firm, the government dept and the electricity provider. A bevy of varied contracts, that have offered me a variety of experiences, both good and bad, and a few good friends.

Thank you to my friends for being there when I needed you and still being there when I needed you to give me space (you know who you are, so I won’t name names).

All in all, 2011, I shall not be sad to see you go, but I shall remember the few things that have been good.

Goodbye 2011…bring on 2012, it can only get better.

No comments: