November 15, 2007

Public Transport

I think I can now, after seven years, say that I have travelled on every form of transport Sydney has to offer.

There has been;

The Jetcat – only to Manly and only when the ferry isn’t running
The Ferry – to various locations around the harbour
The Rivercat – to Parramatta, yes I have been out west
The Train – many and varied trips including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and the Airport
The Taxi – my favourite form. Being dragged up proper by a cabbie in the UK I feel it is my duty to support the Sydney version.
The Bus – I hate buses, but they are a necessary evil
The Monorail – It goes in a circle, but it’s great for tourist and yes, I know there are some that feel this mode of transport is evil, Edna, I’m looking at you.

Today I used the final form on offer;


The Light Rail/Tram – It goes from Lilyfield to Central via the fish markets. I got on it going the wrong way so I got to smell the Fish Market before getting back on and going in the right direction. The conductor (yes they still have a conductor that sells tickets) had a laugh after informing me I was going the wrong way. Really it didn’t matter I ended up having quite a relaxing trip to work.

1 comment:

Edna Wilt said...

Muahahahahaha! Jodie and public transport really aren't an ideal pairing, are they? Did you have to smell the fish twice? He he he he. (sorry, but I do find this story rather amusing) Ho ho ho.... ;-)