November 7, 2007

The Pharmacist

Some of you will be aware that despite only being 35 I have a problem with my blood pressure. When it’s not under control (which it currently is) it likes to sit nice and high at about 170/120. Not good and it’s all caused by a hereditary condition, not that I’m a stress bunny! Anyway, I had to get my prescription filled again today (I take two tablets daily until further notice).

I went into the chemist I’ve been going to for a year and there was a new pharmacist on duty. She took my script and set about filling it. Then she said, ‘I only have one pack of Zanidip, but I can get the other one tomorrow.’

I told her not to worry, I’d just come back next month.

Then she put the packet on the counter for the till girl to bag up and I noticed the packet looked different. It had pink on it. I reached out and picked up the pack and saw that it was 30mg. I only take 10mg!

The error was corrected, but what should I do. Some in the office have suggested I report it … suggestions please.

On a related note, this is why I don’t drink Redbull and it took research to confirm this?

No comments: