April 30, 2007

Fatten Up for Winter

It’s that time of year were my body is telling me to eat! On Sunday I got a crazing that only comes between May and September.

I was in a shopping centre with Edna, buying random, miss-matched pieces of furniture when I suddenly stopped and though, I need fish pie tonight, with broccoli. So I gathered the materials, and conjured up the family recipe in my head and started looking forward to stuffing my face with hot, steaming potatoes, fish and veg.

Why do our bodies do that? During the summer I drop weight, which is good, ‘cause I need to. Then come the first sign of slightly inclement weather and your body start telling you to start eating as if the food supply of the planet has dried up.

Trust me, I don’t need to fatten up to protect against the chill of a Sydney Winter. I have a rather nice selection of jumpers and jackets for that, and if I follow nature’s demands, most of those will cease to fit.

2 comments:

Edna Wilt said...

Life is not about counting calories! That was one delicious pie! So.....just wondered, when am I coming round for dinner next??? ;-)

Edna Wilt said...

P.S. Firstly, my den only allows mis-matched furniture, so it's not a bad thing, kids!
P.P.S. I absolutely adore self-assembly furniture! DO see my blog for evidence. :-)