February 28, 2007

The Family Stone

Finally, after all this time I have finally got to see The Family Stone. The Other Andrew spent some time rating the bangability of the male cast members and while I chipped in on the comments at the time having not seen it, I now stand by my list after seeing the movie.

1. Luke Wilson

2. Dermot Mulroney
3. Paul Schneider
4. Tyrone Giordano
5. Jamie Kaler
6. Robert Dioguardi
7. Brian J White
8. Craig T Nelson

Luke Wilson is great. He plays the scruffy old brother Ben, and seems to channel Owen in the process. For once he’s not the clean cut preppy type, but the loony three day growth type and I would have to say he’s moved into my list of ten and gone straight to the top.

He says a line to SJP’s character Meredith when they are in the pub together about how there is something about her that people just don’t get, which I thought was a stroke of genius ‘You have a freak flag, you just don’t fly it’

Overall the movie tackles a few interesting topics during its 102 minutes but manages it well and with humour without losing the importance of each of the messages.

No comments: