February 22, 2007

I like Big Boats...

...does that make me a nerd?

At the weekend The Oriana was in the harbour, on Tuesday both the Queen Mary II and Queen Elizabeth II pulled into the harbour. The QMII was so big she didn’t fit into Circular Quay and had to moor in down the road while QEII nabbed a sweet spot at the International Terminal.

Tonight I happened to be in Kirribilli (opposite Circular Quay, for those not in the know) as the QEII was leaving, so I got the first chance to see her moving since 1982 in Southampton when she got back from taking troops to the Falkland Island. I remember sitting on Hythe pier with my Mum and Nan watching her return home and my Nan being really excited about it.

(123 words)



QEII pulling out with Sydney City behind

QEII with the Opera House peeking out from behind
and two Harbour ferries in front

1 comment:

Miss Eudoxia said...

Nothing geeky or nerdy about that! I would have loved to see the big mother parked at Garden Island but alas it was not to be :-(
Did you see the bigger girl?