November 12, 2006

Weekend Précis

I drove up to Bucketty on Friday night for a quite night and a good night’s sleep, something I don’t always get with a snoring hubby by my side. I was going well until I hit the Pacific Highway and had to deal with this little jerk. A red P plater in a heap of junk Ute with lorry mud flaps (why would you do that?) and a really sucky attitude. At a merge he wasn’t going to let me in until I played the ‘I’m older and got more insurance’ card. You can’t see it here, but his stickers had words of wisdom such as;
If you don’t love it LEAVE! (next to the Aussie Flag)
Bullbars, better than airbags
Real Cars are made with spanners, not chopsticks
B&S Ball 2006

He wasn’t happy that I had got in front and tail gated me until I hit the F3. Once on the F3 the weather rewarded me with a spectacular show of rainbows. Shooting from the steering wheel and pointing the camera in the general direction gave me these shots.
Fast forward to Saturday, a waxing trip followed by 40 lengths in 30 minutes was then followed by a night out with my good buddy Toddina. I haven’t had a night out with him for over a year and it turned into a big one. He did point out to me that my Japanese Subara may have been the reason the dick in the Ute didn’t want me to merge in front of him. I had disturbed his well thought out and pea sized brain, bogan sensibilities. We drank to his being offered the chance to study for a Phd and the fact I had enrolled in my Masters. We drank to boys. We drank to the great Australian Weather (it was 34degrees yesterday). We drank to us and anything we could think of really, which by 3.30am was a lot of old crap.

Civilised dinner at the Bavarian Beer Café on York Street had turned into Cosmo’s at the Imperial in Erskinville. Ohh...dear!

Today...my hair hurts!

(338 words)

1 comment:

Fran Carleton said...

Yeah I know, it's a crime! We'll go and drink shnapps one night to make up for it.

Blog Spam, isn't as tasting as ham in a can, it some prick/s trying to sell stuff through your comments. that annoying letter thing makes it much harder for them to post automated spam.