September 13, 2006

Ohh I'm Good!

Uni went well last night. First I received a glowing review for my poem Pigeon and Friend from a well known Aussie poet who just happened to be the guest lecturer for the last two week. He reported to me that it was near perfect, but he wasn’t sure about the line ‘safe in the sky’ because it was the only one that rhymed with anything else in the poem. He suggested I think about changing it, or the first line so it doesn’t rhyme. My new and improved version is below.

Then in Non-Fiction I did a seminar/book review of Join Me by Danny Wallace. That also went down well and I received good marks.

I’ve been having a bit of a panic this semester because I haven’t been feeling as if I’m ‘getting it’, but by all account I have been. I was so chuffed to get good feedback from well known and well respected authors.

Pigeon and Friend (v2)

On high flight
Grey streak above the sky
Secure aloft
Looking down
Scavenging for food
Racing for life

Sitting high
Grey safety on the city’s walls
Watchful sentry
Eyes observe
Looking for foul play
Strives to save life

Rest at height
In harmony they sit as one
Bird and camera
No one sees
Nesting safe and sound
A life that’s safe

1 comment:

Miss Eudoxia said...

Woo hoo, way to go girlie!!!
BTW the girls at Scrapbooking said to say hello today, and were asking about you.