September 26, 2006

Alcohol, Silliness and Sleep

The first line of ‘Forth Day’ proved to be correct. I did indeed go forth and live yesterday, although to be honest, I want to die today!

Let me set the scene for you. Belly Dancing class was full to overflowing and a different teacher not telling us what to do, saw Bella and myself leaving the class early and walking a little way down the road to a less than salubrious establishment for a ‘quick half’ before heading home. Lots of chatting took place, not sure about all conversations I’m pretty sure we had the odd meaningful conversation in between the boll*cks. And I clearly remember revealing my soft spot for Dennis Quaid (I know, I know!) shortly after she spotted that the real Billy Idol is far better looking than the LookyLikey she picked up a couple of months ago. More than a ‘half’ was imbibed.

Shortly before closing we gave ourselves a dancing class with a shimmy to Shrakia’s Whenever, Wherever, then I placed Bella in a cab and very sillily walked home (I live in one of the less than safe a night areas in Sydney).

So today I am in work, and I was a mere 5 minutes late and bit shaky. Actually I’m quite proud of myself after all I had only three and half hours sleep.

Ohh…the unplanned ones are always the best!

(232 words)

1 comment:

Fran Carleton said...

yeah...I agree, I was a shame you couldn't come belly dancing 'cause you eaten something that didn't agree with you.

Hope you're feeling better!