September 25, 2006

Forth Day

…a day to go forth and live life and the fourth day at my new job. Sorry I’ve been remise in my duties as a blogger and as a friend recently (Miss E), but life pulled me down for a while there.

All at once I had to finish a job, but not before finding my own replacement (hope you’re happy with my choice Edna), finish and hand in two poetry assignments at Uni, take Arabella Beckham to a show and start a new job. Ohh.. and finish yet another alpaca newsletter. So as I said…not enough to do!

I would like to tell you a little about my new job. But not too much, as it is in Government and if I tell you too much I’ll have to kill you ;-) I’m working for a highly visible department that is failing to put any sort of control on expenditure. I have been brought into the fray to do a little change management (the word EXPERT was used at one point, but I think that’s going a little far) to the process to stop the less than honest people defrauding the fine people of their resentfully given tax money. Enough of the boring bit…

…there is no talent here! None, nada, zilch, diddly squat, there is insufficient funds in the hottie account. Remember that word I used in the last paragraph that began with a capital G. Well all the guys here, must be in there 50’s and have been working here for at least twenty years. I mean…I got in the lift the other day and was followed by a man with green flannel trousers, purple shirt, paisley tie and a brown crunchy leather jacket with plaid patches on the elbows. He also had a grey Monk do, with a major comb over. That, I am sad to say if fairly typical.

The youngest guy here is a graduate student in the Finance department, but I’m really not in admiring jail bait. The next one that could even come close to eye candy, well I’m pretty sure he’s gay!

(351 words)

No comments: