June 30, 2006

Red Lights!

I cross the road when the little man is red…but only on one way streets or two way streets with a safety island. Yesterday I saw two girls cross a two way street without a safety island on red.

This was a bad plan on their part. They ended up going over the bonnet of a Sydney taxi. I watched in horror as they both rolled over the bonnet then bounced to the ground. They both got up and were helped to the side of the road. The cab driver had stopped and was hanging about and the police and an ambulance were called.

I do know that the one of the girls had hurt her hand as she was having trouble moving it, but she and her friend left before the ambulance arrived. Tut...tut, but I get the feeling they wanted no part of the Police part, as the whole thing was their fault.

Anyway…back to me. I didn’t learn anything from my visual experience and only half an hour later, Edna and I were crossing a two lane road (with an safety island, mind you) before returning to the office.

I really should think back to my school days and use the Green Cross Code.

(168 words)

No comments: