June 27, 2006

Never drop...

…a telly on your knee.

I was helping my friend Edna move a washing machine and telly yesterday. We got the washing machine in its room and plumbed in fine. Then we started moving the telly. All was going well until I failed to miss the eight inch concrete step behind me as I was shuffling backwards. I landed on my arse (luckily it has plenty of padding) followed by the telly ramming into the side of my left knee. The comedy factor came in watching me try to heft the damn thing out of my lap so I could stand again. All was well, nothing broken, and the rest of the trip from the car to the flat was pretty much uneventful.

Later, when home I realised the damage that had been done when I got up from the sofa and seized into an ‘old lady’ crouch. My bum muscle hurt, my knee hurt and quite frankly I wanted to cry! Later, Puss didn’t help (even though, to be fair he was trying) when he jumped up onto the bed for a cuddle and landed on my knee. Not once, not twice but three times.

Picture of bruise available upon request!


(202 Words)

No comments: